Welcome to the Pilot-Sync home page
This page is currently under construction... watch for updates
here soon... But for now, here's a link to the
latest (0.1.4) copy of of the
pilot-sync application, which, by the way, is considered
EXTREMELY ALPHA (I.e. use at your own risk, but if you can tell
me something to improve, I'm glad to hear it).
- Pilot-Sync is a UNIX based application that builds off of
the libpisock library from pilot-link. (I.e. you must
download, build, and install pilot-link before building
pilot-sync!) (pilot-link is available, as is pilot-sync
(though this page gets updated sooner with new releases),
- A daemon type process that runs in the background and allows
you to perform synchronization from your pilot without
having to run a command each and every time.
- A task manager that will run dynamically linked tasks
(Similar to "Conduits").
- Free. :-)
Pilot-Sync is NOT...
- Done, by any stretch of the imagination
- Affiliated with, or endorsed by, US Robotics, Palm Computing,
- Really under any kind of active development anymore. I've
been considering resurecting it, as I have a few (minor)
issues with the main reason I stopped working on it: Kpilot, but
have yet do make any serioius progress on that front.
There are a few books out about the PalmPilot out now,
though. You can buy them from here (in association with
Amazon.com). For general pilot information, we have: PalmPilot: The Ultimate Guide, and for developer info,
we have Palm Programming: The Developer's Guide. Or, you can
just buy a Palm III, and/or a Leather Belt Clip Case for one.